Appointments Training in Anaheim
Friday, June 6 | 7:30 – 9:00 AM
Anaheim Community Center, Anaheim
250 E. Center St. | Anaheim map
Ever considered getting involved in your local community as an appointee to a board or commission? Want to know more about how the process works? How do you access the application? Where to find vacancies? How do you navigate the process? Who can help?
Please join California Women Lead for an appointments training to learn the process that one should take to be appointed to a board/commission/committee at the local and state level. With the number of women in local government decreasing, we want to empower women to apply for appointments to reach gender equality on boards and commissions. Women and men are both welcome to join us and be part of the movement. Speakers include:
- Tom Daly, Assemblymember, State of California
- Sharon Quirk-Silva, Assemblymember, State of California
- Kris Murray, Mayor Pro Tem, City of Anaheim
- Mona Pasquil, Secretary of Appointments, Office of Governor Edmund G. Brown, Jr.
- Fiona Ma, Assemblymember (ret.), State of California; 2014 Candidate, California Board of Equalization
- Lucy Dunn, President and CEO, Orange County Business Council
- Rachel Michelin, Executive Director/CEO, California Women Lead
Click here to download the event flyer»
Tickets FREE for Orange County Business Council and California Women Lead members. Members, click here to register»
$20 for non-members. Non-members, click here to register»
$25 at the door.