Our mission is to achieve gender parity in the CA legislature by 2028
Recruiting Talented Women
Close the gap CA is a campaign to increase the number of progressive women in the CA legislature with the policy know-how, experience, and leadership to:
- Close the funding and achievement gap in education
- Close the access gap to contraception and affordable health care
- Close the wage gap and remove obstacles that contribute to poverty for women and children
Making a Difference
The close the gap CA campaign
- Identifies prospective candidates
- Guides them as they explore what it takes to run a winning campaign
- Educates them on the pillars of success in their district, and within the state Capitol
- Connects them to organizations that share their values and can help them succeed
Why We’re Here
Research confirms that the presence of more women in the legislatures leads to more comprehensive policies, greater transparency, and a focus on getting things done.
In just two election cycles, close the gap CA has expanded options available to voters by finding talented women to run for office.
Our efforts have raised insider awareness of the decline in the number of progressive women legislators and the impact that decline has on public policymaking.